Friday, August 7, 2009

Online shopping

I finally broke down and made my first completely online purchase. It worked without a hitch, and my order arrived way quicker than I expected. I ordered on Monday (which was a stat holiday so the retailer was closed) and the order arrived in the mail on Thursday. I am impressed and will end up using this option more often.

I guess the key to online shopping is having the free time to dedicate to finding a retailer with the best combination of prices and shipping costs. During my search, I found a shop with that was offering low prices, but they charged $20 to package the items and another $35 for shipping. If you don't have the time to spend to search and search and search, you might end up paying more than you would have if you purchased locally. In my case, I knew what the local shop was asking and I saved a few bucks even after the shipping cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment